Sequence 2: Social Media Marketing Materials (Technical Communication)
Student Learning Outcome 1: Project Planning
Student Learning Outcome 2: Project Analysis
Student Learning Outcome 3: Content Development
Points: 100 pts
What are Social Media Marketing Materials?
The Social Media Materials is a compilation of several pieces that you have written/designed to educate and promote yourself, a company, or a cause. It consists of three pieces that are typical interactions between a private individual or company and the general public through a social media outlet. Examples of this include:
- Text posts
- Link shares to already produced articles or media (blog posts)
- Video upload
- Or anything else you can approve through me.
Labor based requirements for a B (or 85%)
- 3 short pieces designed for Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. (Other socials can be approved through me)
- An introductory memo on the materials explaining the use and schedule
Additional Work for an A (or 95%)
- Shows consideration of audience for each piece.
- Chooses a variety of genres.
- Engages with social media marketing principles of engagement, education, enlightenment, advertisement, and promotion.
Why Social Media Marketing Materials?
Social media content is an important skill set and requires a lot of versatility in understanding genres and different audiences. It also requires out of the box thinking, creativity, and an understanding of brand voice across genres. Creating these materials will help you produce several different pieces that could act as templates later on.
How do I produce Social Media Marketing Materials?
Begin by identifying the different genres you want to practice/produce templates for. Then decide the content you will produce. Will you focus on social media posts? Or might you produce a blog post and a press release with accompanying social media announcements? Decide what you will write about, then get started!